Saturday 6 October 2007

Jinx


I've just finished this book today - & I just got it today! =P
Really. It was that good.

Then again... It has been quite a while since I got my hands on a superb book - or a readable book, at all!
What, with finals & stress & peer pressure &...

Well, it's over so hurrah!

Okay, scratch that. Pretend I did not just say a medieval cheer.

Anyway...
Jinx had been released a month ago but it was worth waiting for! This book's a good read novel - not the sappy kinds with the woes of a teen.

A girl named Jean - as in French for John Jean - also known as Jinx, for her prone-to-accidents 'bad luck', moved from her hometown in Iowa to her extended family's in Manhattan.

Things weren't looking all that bright with the sophisticated Tory (... crackhead) starts giving the cold shoulder when her crush, Zack - yes, my friend. Zack - begins spending a lot of time with Jinx.


& from there, it all went downhill - Tory calling Jinx a witch, Jinx the side plate of the student society & Jinx's mysterious reason why she had to get away from her quaint town in Iowa.

In my opinion, Meg Cabot has gone for a wider range with this book - I mean, it has everything!
Mystery, drama, magic...

& this isn't the kind of book that has all the flaws of 'too's.
Like too sappy or too drama-material.

It has a little of a Walt Disney touch here, a pinch of Harry Potter there & something I'd like to call as the Meg Cabot touch.

This book, my friend, is a must-read & a must-have.

Coming soon... Queen Of Babble (2) : In the Big City

No comments: