Thursday 18 October 2007

Everybody Loves Somebody

... Sometimes.

Well. OK.
I'm just.

Speechless.

I can't tell people about it because... It wouldn't be fair.

I probably deserved it.
I saw it coming.

But I really just don't get it.

So I shouldn't change? So I should actually stay the same as I was way back when?
So I was destined to be that girl who was so pathetic at one point, she had a dream about a certain someone?

& I should ignore people?
Succumb
to
pressure?

Was the (other) person right?
I do have a back-up friend?

I've changed.
I know it.
But in a good way?
Or bad?

It's my
fault
that I've
actually
grown up
in a way?

It's my fault
that I befriended
someone - in which case
I betrayed someone?

How can one betray someone by making a new friend?

That's not fair.
This is not fair.

So I'm now the proud girl to be
a suck-up
a loser
a stranger

& many other things.

How did I change?
Just. Tell me.

I know it's because I started... Well,
making friends
with a lot of different
people.

& if I've betrayed or hurt or offend you in anyway
I mean this sincerely
I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.
Sorry.
Sorry that I ate the last piece of cake.

Sorry that I didn't back you up.
Sorry that I didn't come for your birthday party.
Sorry that I borrowed your pink color pencil & never gave it back.
Sorry that I never lent you that book I could never find.
Sorry that I bragged about my test marks.
Sorry that I never did find your jokes funny.

But mostly.
I'm just sorry for not saying these 'sorry's earlier.

1 comment:

Aminah said...

that's it.
you are to. check. your. e-mail. now.

since i can't call.
or sms.

you are to check your email.
do it.